Saturday, November 21, 2015

Luna Missed her Girl


Luna and the girl are very tight.  I am convinced that Luna considers the girl to be her kitten.  I've seen her come through and lick the water off of her hair after she takes a shower.  That cat loves her girl just as much as her girl loves her cat.  When we came home after moving her into school, Luna complained non-stop.  Every time we walked into the house and the girl wasn't with us, she began MROWing loudly.  Very loudly.  It was a horrible, stentorian shout that lasted for half an hour every single time we walked back into the house after we had been gone for any length of time.  For 3 months, she has complained - LOUDLY - every time we have walked in the door without her girl.  The cat has been impossible to live with.  She has really missed her kitten.  She would wake me up at 4:30 every morning to swat me awake, stare at me, and then once I was fully awake, stalk off.


Daughter got home last night. We were thinking Luna might try to ignore daughter in order to punish her for leaving her.  We expected that she would have nothing to do with daughter until the middle of the night.  We were wrong.  Within 10 minutes of her walking in the door, the cat had taken possession of her girl.  She was all over her - nuzzling her, licking her, and grooming the foreign smells out of her fur.  Once daughter laid down, Luna piled on top of her and refused to move.  For the first time in months, I did NOT have a cat come in and swat me awake at 4:30 in the morning.


When we checked in on her last night, we saw Luna curled up next to daughter, with her paws wrapped protectively around daughter's head.  I'm not certain daughter is ever going to be able to leave the house for any length of time ever again!

It is so good to have my chickies home!

No comments:

Post a Comment