Monday, November 30, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015

Good heavens, it's November.  How on Earth did this happen?  It seems like only yesterday I was sitting down, plotting out the goals that I hoped to achieve this year.  I've made progress on most of the goals, and realized that I set some goals just too high.  While I will not attain them this year, it's always worth stretching to see if maybe, just maybe, you really can reach that high!

1) Exercise More, Walk 500 Miles.
Fail, fail, fail.  Fell hard and tore up my knee, kept falling for months, and finally find out that I have torn ligaments in my ankle.  1 month of physical therapy, and now, here we are at the end of November.  I've actually been back to the gym this month.  I've been working with a Personal Trainer.  (ouch).  I am slowly, very slowly, getting more exercise.  Gotta build up endurance and not hurt myself again.


2) Lose 10 pounds.
I am NOT stepping on the scale this morning.  No way, no how.  Thanksgiving was over the weekend.  I'm hoping that avoidance will help to solve all of my problems.  While I'm not owning any part of this today, I will say that I have lost inches off of my waist this month.  3 inches, actually.  Between inches and pounds, I'm happier with inches.  The loss of inches means that I've lost some of the visceral fat hanging around my internal organs. Hooray!


3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom.
You know, this is a carryover from last year, too.  I honestly don't think this is going to happen before the end of this year, but it must happen next year.  I really want to have two working showers in our 2 bathroom house.  We still haven't gotten a plumber in to fix the plumbing yet.  We're having trouble finding a date and time when we can be home when the plumber doesn't already have an existing appointment.


4) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt
Done and done! 



5) Clean and Organize the Family Room in the Basement 
This was one of the easy ones.  There's still a mess in the other rooms, but at least the family room is clean.

6) Cut Back on the Time I Spend on Social Media
No Facebook on my cell phone means I have much less time to spend on Social Media.  I'm not supposed to access Facebook at work, so I really don't spend a lot of time on Social Media anymore.  It's freed up a lot of my time!


7) Read 75 Books This Year

 You can see my working list of books read this year here.

8) Get Out of Debt, Pay College Tuition Without Going Deeper Into Debt.
With daughter transferring to the Community College next semester, our college expenses have gone down considerably.  Her tuition next semester is going to come out to $3,000 for 15 hours of classes.  That's beyond reasonable.  She's going to help cover half of her tuition. 


9) Spend More Time with My Family.
Thanksgiving week.  Need I say more?

10) 365 Grateful
You can see the images I have shared publicly on Flickr.


11) Replace the Car that was Totaled.
Husband was in an accident 3 years ago that ended up totaling our car.  The ensuing medical bills wiped out our savings.  This week, we were able to buy a car to replace the one that was lost.  It's another Honda Civic.  What can I say?  I love Honda engineering!  I don't know what we'll do with the old Civic.  Keep it for daughter to drive or sell it?  Who knows?  If she does choose to continue driving it, we do need to put new tires on that car within the next month, before winter weather hits.  In the meantime, I'm going to take her out in the van and see if she can get used to driving a car with a higher center of gravity that handles a little bit more like an aircraft carrier than a car.  Once we find out how that goes, we'll make a final decision on the old Civic.

12) I Will Maintain My Friendships
This was a blast!  So glad I made it a priority this year to get back in touch with people I haven't seen or talked to in a long time!  I enjoyed catching up with people, hearing their stories, and finding out how their families are doing, and what our amazing kids are doing now.

13) I Will Have More Adventures
I am crossing this one off of the list.  Falling in a public place, tearing ligaments in knee (1st time) and ankle (2nd time), physical therapy, finding out I do NOT have to have surgery to fix my ankle, working with a Personal Trainer... seriously, I really needed to think about this a little more before I added it to my list.  I'm done with these kinds of adventures!

14) I Will Craft More
Not so much this month.  I ended up running the Silent Auction at the Church Bazaar earlier this month.  I had that handed over to me on Nov. 1.  You know, for having 3 weeks to pull it all together, I think I did a fantastic job.  I finished writing all of the thank you cards to everyone who donated to the Silent Auction.  Does writing a whole bunch of Thank You cards count as crafty?


How about you?  Did you track your resolutions this year?  Are you starting to think about next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment