Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monday's Challenge

Breakfast:

3 eggs, scrambled, 50 cents
12 ounces milk,     50 cents

Lunch:
Leftover Chicken Neck Soup  (I'm still waiting on the final price/serving, because I'm waiting to see what the final cost on the chicken will end up being.)

Dinner:
White Chicken Chili
Cannelini Beans: 1.29
Chicken 
(I'm still waiting for the final cost on the chicken... this is from the chicken I made on Saturday night.)
Chicken Broth (from the freezer, batches made this summer)
(The link for this is here:http://mini-van-mom.blogspot.com/search/label/broth%20cubes)
I'm not sure what the final cost is on the broth... I made it this summer from leftover chicken.
Green Chilis, 7 ounce can: $1
6 servings for this dish, Preliminary cost for the dinner per serving: 76 cents.

Total Cost for Today: (Preliminary) $1.76

NOTE- The leftover chicken chili will be lunch today. I'm wrapping it up in tortillas, and serving it with cheese and lettuce.  I'll reheat it before I serve it. 

Total Cost for the Chicken to date:
Cost for the chicken: $15.69

5 servings off of the roast chicken
6 servings of  chicken neck soup (dinner yesterday, lunch for me and husband on Monday.)
6 servings of  white chicken chili (dinner today, lunch for me and husband today.)

As of now, we've had 17 servings from one chicken.  This is a total of 3 dinners and 2 lunches to date. 

Cost per serving for the chicken:  98 cents.
Per meal, the chicken at this point comes up to:  $3.13.

The original $16 for the chicken was a high price, but since I'm stretching this out over many meals, the total cost continues to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment