Monday, October 7, 2013

My Accomplishments this Past Week


It’s been a busy, busy week around here!  The boys came home from college for the weekend.  Much fun and merriment was had by all.  I enjoyed having them home, but I'm glad they're back at school.
 
Daughter is teaching a series of art classes at our library for her Gold Award project.  She had the second class in the series on Saturday.  She taught a class on art journals.  Here’s the funny thing:  we had to buy the art journals, and the donations for her Gold Award have come in at less than $100. We've been trying to keep the cost down as much as possible, because art materials are so very expensive.   In order to buy enough journals for the anticipated attendees in her class, I used the bonus reward dollars that I had received to pay for the journals.  For 12 journals, our total out of cost expense was $10.  Not bad, considering that the journals were $4.50 each!  Even better, I used the reward card when I purchased the journals, so we should get a few more reward dollars back.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to purchase the last of the supplies (Mostly acrylic paint) that she will need for her last class next month.

The computer situation with middle child is beginning to drive me nuts.  Less than two months old, and it’s been back to the manufacturer once and they replaced the hard drive.  It came back to us on Friday.  We turned it on, attempted to install the Anti-Virus software and *kapow* down it went, once again.  Not pleasant.  We spent several more hours on the phone with the manufacturer over the weekend.  Long story short, they’re shipping us another box and we’re shipping it back to them again.  I’ve got my doubts about whether or not they will ever actually fix the damn thing.  Fortunately, he’s been able to use the computers at the library at school.  I’m not terribly thrilled with the manufacturer at this point.   I keep debating whether or not to “out” them on my blog, but I’m hoping that they’ll step up and replace the computer with one that works so that I can sing their praises.  We’ll see what happens this time.  


Last Week’s Goals:
1) Continue working on the t-shirt quilt.

I didn’t get to this during the week.  Too many hours subbing, very little down time at home.

 2)   Sew more badges on daughter’s girl scout vest.

All of the badges are sewn on and the vest is ready to go.

 3) Make a batch of apple butter.

I didn’t get to this during the week.  Again, too many hours subbing.

 4)    Clean out the trunk of husband’s car, check winter gear.

Since he had the extra time this week, he took care of this for his car.

5)    Read the next YA book in my stack, and review it on my blog.

I’ve read the book.  I have yet to write the review.

6)    Put our AP Review Books up on E-Bay.

Still haven’t gotten to this.  However, I found a second hand book store in the town where I run most of my errands that will buy back the books.  One big advantage?  I won’t have to pay for shipping when someone buys it.

 7)  Work on the girls’ scrapbooks.

Pictures have been ordered from Walgreens for their first year as Junior Girl Scouts.  I was able to use a code to get 25 prints for free.

8)   Spend 15 minutes at least twice this week cleaning out the basement.

9)      Clean out and defrost the freezer.

10)  Clean out the refrigerator, and scrub down the shelves.
I cleaned out the fridge, and tossed out several science experiments.  I did not get a chance to scrub down the shelves.

Goals for This Week 

1) Work on the t-shirt quilt.
2) Spend at least 15 minutes a day, twice this week cleaning the basement.
3) Call the power company and have them pick up the old freezer in the basement.
4) Start working on daughter's cross stitch.
5) Pick up yarn for my niece's graduation present.
6) Get out and exercise at least 3 times this week.
7) Deposit loose coins at the bank.
8) Start working on earrings to sell at the craft fair next month.
9) Make a batch of apple butter.
10) Fix clothes in the repair basket.
11) Get AP Review Books to the Second Hand Store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment