Friday, October 4, 2013

Thursday's Challenge

Breakfast:
3 eggs, scrambled  50 cents
12 ounces milk      50 cents

Lunch:
Leftover Taco Salad  80 cents
Yogurt                       50 cents

Dinner:
Chicken with Fire Roasted Peppers:
Chicken Breasts, 1 pound, on sale for 3.99/pound
Fire Roasted Pepper sauce.  (This is the Campbell's sauce recipe.  I bought it with a coupon, the total out of pocket expense for me was $1 for the package.)
Rice,  20 cents
Broccoli, 24 ounce package, $1.00  (bought on sale)

Total Cost for Dinner: $6.19
Total Number of Servings: 4, cost per person: $1.55

Total Cost for Meals for the Day:  $3.85

The cost is still well below the $4.29 guidelines per day as set in the challenge.

Again, I think I am still falling behind on the fruit and veggie consumption.  I'm definitely not getting the dairy that I need to get.  Milk is expensive, but I did find powdered milk at the grocery store for a very reasonable price.  When I finish with this current gallon in the fridge, I am going to mix up a half gallon of the powdered milk.  Not a fan of powdered milk, but hey!  It's still milk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment