Monday, October 7, 2013

Sunday's Challenge

Sunday was a little harder to judge, as we made more from scratch this weekend.

Brunch:
Buttermilk Pancakes  (from scratch):  Flour, Buttermilk, baking soda, salt, etc. 
I'm going to estimate the cost at $2.50 for the batch, and the batch served 5 people, so 50 cents a serving?

Fruit Salad: With mandarin oranges, bananas, and apples.
Apples from the tree in the back yard, oranges (3 cans at 33 cents each) $1, bananas, $1.  Total cost, $2, 5 servings comes up to 40 cents each.

Milk: 12 ounces, 50 cents.

Dinner:
Chicken Neck Soup
(The recipe was posted yesterday.  I still don't have a price for the soup because I'm still working on the chicken and won't know the final price until I find out how many servings we end up having from that chicken!)

Biscuits: (again, from scratch)  I'm going to estimate high, at $2.50 per serving, with 10 biscuits.  I ate 1, but we had leftovers.  Lunch sandwiches were made with leftover biscuits today.  We're looking at 25 cents per biscuit?

Snacks:
Yogurt: 50 cents
Granola: (homemade. 1 serving) 50 cents

Total Cost for Sunday:  $2.65

No comments:

Post a Comment