Sunday, October 6, 2013

Saturday's Challenge

Breakfast:

Biscuits made from scratch  (again, I'm estimating here.  Milk was used as the liquid in the recipe to up our calcium content.) 20 cents each
Triple Berry Jam (from the batch I made this summer, all fruit grown in our own yard)
Orange Juice, 10 ounces, 50 cents  (it has added calcium)

Lunch:
One slice of Elio's Pizza.  (Sue me, the boys are home from college, and they love Elios)  2 boxes for $5, 3 long slices per box.  (The boys eat Elios by the long slice, not the small squares.  So do I, for that matter.)    83 cents

Dinner:
Baked Chicken
Dirty Rice (1 box, bought on sale with a coupon for a grand total of $1.50 for six servings.)  25 cents per serving
Steamed Carrots, 1 pound.  (from the 5 pound bag I bought for $3.49)  70 cents for the pound, 12 cents per serving for 6 servings.

Snacks:
1 banana  19 cents
8 ounces of yogurt, with my strawberry jam mixed in, 33 cents.

Total for Saturday:  $3.00

Note:  I did NOT add the cost of the chicken in yet.  I need to figure out how many servings we will get from this bird before I can figure out the final cost.  Believe me, I stretch out a chicken like nobody's business.



No comments:

Post a Comment