Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Magician

I was working with one of my little friends this week.  We were sitting on the floor, working on a puzzle when he suddenly looked up at my head and proclaimed:

"Whoa.... look at your hair.  You've got so much gray hair in there, I think you've got more hair than my Babushka!

"That's a lot of gray," I said.

"You must be almost as old as my Babushka,"  he said.  "She's got lots and lots of gray hair too!"

"I don't think I'm as old as your Babushka, but if I'm lucky, maybe I will live to be as old as your Babushka."

He got up, and began picking up my hair and saying "wow, look at all this gray". 

True, it had been six weeks since I had colored my hair.  I had an appointment the very next day to get it colored.  I wasn't scheduled to be back in his school until the end of the week, so I decided to be a little playful...

"You know what?  I'm going to see a magician tomorrow.  She's going to wave her magic wand at me and make my hair turn brown again." 

"Hmmm... "  he replied.  "I don't know if any magician will be able to do anything about that!"


When I showed back up at the school on Friday, he stopped me dead in my tracks as I was walking down the hall with my class.  He pulled my arm down, and started looking in my hair, picking it up randomly and scrutinizing the hair underneath.  My class watched in silence, stupefied at what they were seeing.

"Whoa... That was one powerful magician you saw!!!  There isn't any gray left in there at all!!"

I love my powerful magician!  She has the power to make a graying head brown again, and give me a haircut that makes me feel good about how I look for six weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment