Saturday, October 26, 2013

T Shirt Quilt


I finished middle child's t-shirt quilt this week.  

I had to trim off the excess batting and fabric.  I turned over the outside edge of the bottom layer once, and ran a quick running stitch through the edge.  The fabric was fraying along the cut edges.  Although the entire thing will be encased in fabric, I want to make certain the edges fraying will not lead to the quilts early demise!  I then turned the outside edge over twice, and sewed it down with the machine.

I meant to take pictures of this final step, but I quite honestly forgot to.  Once I got started, I got wrapped up in the moment & didn't remember the camera until it was too late!

What follows are pictures of the final, finished quilt!






Hard to believe, but its finally finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment